Version 1.2.100 - (April 4, 2017)
Hash # F3448068ACD6BA33A9B1DC1A1296724B47384F9AB7F0E0715137873F2570F109
Version 1.2.96 - (February 13, 2017)
- Fixed a problem that caused some users with some types of audio drivers to crash.
- Fixed some typos for some languages, reported by users.
- Fixed a text overlap in the Network tab.
- Solved a problem where some users received false host/lmhost file change alerts.
- Fixed a problem reported on HackerOne.
- Stability and resource usage improvements.
Hash # B8505E56EF2B3148BA1A4051061C86C7
Version 1.2.88 - (December 27, 2016)
- You can now change firewall modes from the GlassWire Windows tray menu. Right click the GlassWire icon in the bottom right Windows tray to change modes.
- The year is now added to the GlassWire network tab.
- Three security upgrades were made due to HackerOne bug reports.
- Fixed a problem where a network scan could cause the GlassWire service to crash.
- We added protection so third party DLL files can no longer interact with GlassWire and cause it to crash.
Hash # 9033F95A30097ED4ECEEFD5486FB1C4D
Version 1.2.79 - (November 21, 2016)
- You can now scan manually for devices under GlassWire's "Network" tab. Basic, Pro, and Elite users will have an automatic scan every 30 minutes, while free users can scan manually by pressing the "scan" button. We made this change because GlassWire was scanning so often in our previous update that some types of network hardware were giving false positives about GlassWire causing a network problem.
- To disable Network auto-scanning completely create a text file called glasswire.conf and place it in the c:\programdata\glasswire\service folder. Add this string to the text file: enable_network_scan = false then restart the GlassWire service. We plan to add a setting for this in the future.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some users to crash.
Hash # 8AE42A7FE202044D72E80CAFB6AB121C
Version 1.2.76 - (October 20, 2016)
- GlassWire's network tab functionality has been rewritten from scratch! GlassWire now picks up new network connected devices faster, and shows more accurate information. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- Fixed a bug where some users would click the GlassWire icon in the Windows taskbar tray and nothing would happen.
- Made a change to allow GlassWire to work with some VPN services that don't allow reverse host lookups.
- Many other bug fixes and resource usage improvements.
Hash # 53C22AC838E566BAF89B2344CCE9A276
Version 1.2.74 - (September 15, 2016)
- Removed an old unreliable cipher between the client and the service to improve connection security.
- Changed the default listening port to port 7010 to avoid false positive scans for some security software. This means that you must install GlassWire locally and on your remote servers for this update or the connection will not work.
- Fixed a problem where some free users would see a crash when trying to start a remote connection to another PC or server.
- Graph history is now more securely erased when cleared by the user.
- Local traffic is detected even more accurately now.
Hash # 301E7B77632676C97908AF8745A89C59
Version 1.2.73 - (August 5, 2016)
- Fixed a problem where no remote servers were selected in the list by default.
- Fixed a bug with the alerts counter.
- The mini viewer caption now shows "local" traffic when necessary.
- The network tab would show an IP with all zeros for some users in some rare cases. This problem is now fixed.
- Miscellaneous performance improvements and bug fixes.
Hash # F04225895C14CEE6974003771E48E6E6
Version 1.2.71 beta - (July 4, 2016)
- GlassWire is now out of beta.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect IP sorting on the network tab.
- Usage showed incorrect local/external traffic counting in some cases.
- Fixed a problem with the usage calendar user interface.
- Many minor fixes and stability improvements due to user feedback.
Hash # 01BCCEC3080E447ECA654F468EB1300F
Version 1.2.70 beta - (June 30, 2016)
- Fixed a bug where some users would receive a DLL integrity error.
Hash # 192529678125296F41CAA7D4A0C3551E
Version 1.2.64 beta - (May 10, 2016)
- Labels for devices are now available under the "network" tab. Mouse over the network device you want to give a custom name to, then click the "label" bubble to make a custom name.
- Alerts are now automatically marked as "read" if a desktop alert pop-up is closed by the mouse.
- "Sort by IP" is now working properly under the "network" tab.
- Fixed some problems reported on HackerOne.
- Minor bug fixes and further resource usage optimizations.
Hash # DE5A323C8856F1799BA1049440915CD2
Version 1.2.57 beta - (Apr 12, 2016)
- Solved a problem reported on HackerOne.
- Improved data statistic accuracy along with improving local and external traffic type detection.
- Fixed a bug with remote connections for specific hosts.
- Fixed a bug with application path resolving.
- Fixed bugs with the Usage/Apps section and improved its functionality.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Usage tab to not load for some users.
- Fixed a problem with Incognito mode.
- Many new small fixes and improvements.
Hash # 190696D797F01D3CB44A703E3CB9491B
Version 1.2.54 beta - (Mar 29, 2016)
- Fixed a problem where GlassWire's service would not start for some users.
- Made a partial change to how the admin settings work due to a bug report on HackerOne.
- Clean installs now no longer require you re-enter your activation code if you're a Basic, Pro, or Elite user.
- The Polish language was added.
- The Usage tab animation was updated so it looks nicer.
- Fixed a bug where some user databases were corrupted on upgrade.
- The process of fetching data from the service is now more efficient along with other performance improvements.
Hash # 220BFB7F6AC62C223DF69D88334D90AA
Version 1.1.41 beta - (Jan 29, 2016)
- GlassWire 1.2 is finally here! This 1.2 update is a major rewrite that was done to decrease memory usage significantly for all GlassWire users.
- Overall memory usage for GlassWire decreased significantly, even with very long graph histories.
- Fixed a bug with "Ask to connect" mode where it did not work properly for a small number of users.
- Fixed a bug with "Ask to connect" mode where SMB, LDAP, and VPN connections would not work in some cases.
- Fixed a bug for Microsoft Surface users where GlassWire could sometimes cause problems when the Surface is idle.
- The graph "Max" value is now replaced with the real amount of downloaded and uploaded data in that graph period to make it easier to understand.
- Fixed a bug where the bandwidth overage monitor would not work correctly for some users in some cases.
- Turkish language support is now available in GlassWire. Go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose Turkish as your language option.
- This update also includes dozens of other bug fixes reported by users in the forum and reported to our helpdesk. Thanks for your help in testing this major new version of GlassWire!
Hash # E5626B27D99861AB1976F5359D222706
Version 1.1.39 beta - (Dec 24, 2015)
- Updated our installer to avoid a potential vulnerability reported on HackerOne.
- Fixed a bug where some GlassWire clients in some unusual circumstances would crash at midnight.
Hash # 91EB0E17568AB8E8B1FA13D635A4502E
Version 1.1.36 beta - (Dec 3, 2015)
- Updated our installer to avoid a potential DLL vulnerability reported on HackerOne.
- The installer was released, then removed due to a false positive virus warning from a popular antivirus.
GlassWire's false positive virus warning was removed after contacting the antivirus company and we then re-released the update.
There were also minimal changes made to the installer to see if it might help us avoid future false positives.
Hash # A4C63A3581C8411F62FCF7B3DD3744CB
Version 1.1.32 beta - (Oct 14, 2015)
- GlassWire now makes it easy to remove old apps from the Firewall tab. Click the X next to the app name to remove it. The app will re-appear in the firewall list if it accesses the network again.
- Fixed a problem that caused Webcam and Mic usage to not be detected for some Windows 10 users with a specific system update.
- Added upload and download bandwidth levels on the mini viewer for paid users.
- Fixed a bug that caused settings under the "Usage" tab to not be saved.
- GlassWire now restores the install path from the previous installation.
- Many other tweaks and fixes due to user feedback.
Hash # F409DCC354860E6CE22ECE4674A694D0
Version 1.1.31 beta - (Oct 8, 2015)
- Made a minor change to the install process to make it more efficient.
Hash # F15893FB91D45F5C78CDE8FDDAD73FCF
Version 1.1.27 beta - (Sep 29, 2015)
- Fixed a problem that caused some GlassWire user PCs to wake from sleep under certain conditions.
Hash # DA45B7A6E555CED11BD527D706DE8D81
Version 1.1.26 beta - (Sep 23, 2015)
- Fixed a problem where webcams and mics were not detected for some users.
Hash # 379E0D85B2AADEA72C924CC2DB5CA0D6
Version 1.1.21 beta - (Jul 30, 2015)
- Go to the General settings to choose the "Keep mini viewer on top" option.
- Fixed a path problem for applications running on a shared network.
- Fixed a bug where "Ask to connect" and "Block all" modes would not work in a few cases for some users.
- Added a new flag for geographic locations for IP addresses which are not local and do not resolve.
- Fixed a bug where some devices on the network had strange characters next to their name for some users.
Hash # 3DAB5A227A5EA55ACC7C052FA8BEA6C1
Version 1.1.15 beta - (May 29, 2015)
- Inactive firewall applications are now grouped separately under the "Firewall" tab if they show no attempted network activity for 7 days.
- Now get alerted about new unknown devices that join the network, instead of getting alerts about every device that joins or leaves the network. Go to GlassWire's settings then choose "Security" then click "Network device monitor".
- DNS is now resolved for local hosts.
- Away intervals now appear in the "mini" graph.
- Many fixes and improvements including a bug that caused GlassWire's graph not to start working for some users.
Hash # 18A5B4F708E3521E8D4A3ACBD786520C
Version 1.1.7 beta - (Apr 30, 2015)
- Many bugs were fixed including some problems with Ask to connect mode, Webcam/Mic usage alerts, the Internet access monitor, and we also fixed a problem where some users would lose their graph data after upgrading GlassWire.
- A bug was fixed where GlassWire's service would crash for some users in some situations.
- This version of GlassWire is now fully translated to all our translated languages.
- The mini viewer now shows the current main graph status in its window along with the ability to make the window transparent in its settings. Mouse over the mini graph then click the small settings icon to make the mini graph transparent.
- We were able to fix these problems and update our features due to your feedback and support. Thank you for all your help and thanks for supporting GlassWire!
Hash # ABB11C7C80D94D088FD235E11CFC2123
Version 1.0.45 beta - (Apr 23, 2015)
- GlassWire Basic, Pro, and Elite are now available for purchase!
- GlassWire has many new features for paying users including;
- Ask to connect mode - Allow or deny new network connections.
- Block all mode - Block all network connections while you're away from your computer.
- Mini graph - See a mini GlassWire graph on your desktop that's available at all times.
- Webcam & Mic detection - Get alerted to any Microphone or Webcam activity that takes place with your computer and learn what application is responsible.
- Who's on your WiFi or Network - See what devices are currently on your network or WiFi and get alerted when new devices join or leave.
- Awesome new skins - Go to the top left GlassWire menu to see the graph with some fun new skins and colors.
- Longer graph history - Get longer graph histories depending on what version of GlassWire you buy.
- Multiple server monitoring - Monitor multiple servers depending on what version of GlassWire you buy.
- Hide application activity - Hide certain applications where their data doesn't appear on the graph so the graph is easier to read and understand.
Hash # C0733DEE0A565FF22C2C4CADD47B9F06
Version 1.0.44 beta - (Apr 16, 2015)
- Certificate changes were made to add backwards compatibility with older OS versions.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Hash # 57134DA2D3D9C90BB173796CBB2D5E32
Version 1.0.43 beta - (Apr 14, 2015)
- GlassWire is now signed by an SHA256 certificate.
- Bug fixes.
Hash # D9EE189DD3EDE0B58C2A500637F886F8
Version 1.0.40 beta - (Mar 12, 2015)
- Bug fixes.
- Stability improvements.
Hash # 4D7E8F1CE28DBFDA6001BA4197BEC475
Version 1.0.38 beta - (Feb 19, 2015)
- We have worked hard to significantly improve GlassWire's memory usage. Please upgrade as soon as possible if you have found GlassWire is using too much memory on your computer.
- Fixed a problem where Portuguese units were incorrectly listed.
- The GlassWire certificate is now removed from trusted publishers on uninstall.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements.
Hash # E54F0E50AFE476643056548D946FE0A8
Version 1.0.35 beta - (Dec 26, 2014)
- GlassWire added Korean, Spanish, and Portuguese translations. Go to the top left "GlassWire" menu to choose your language.
- High resolution monitors should now display GlassWire correctly for Windows 8 users.
- A problem where remote connections didn't always work is now fixed.
- The process of transmitting data from the GlassWire service is now optimized and much faster.
- It's now possible to mute certain alerts that you don't want to see. Go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose "Settings" then uncheck the "show desktop notification" box.
- If you receive an alert that your DNS settings were changed GlassWire now includes more detailed information including your current and previous DNS addresses.
- Many other bugs and instability problems were fixed, plus many optimizations were made to make GlassWire work more efficiently. Thank you for reporting problems to us in the forum and via email so we can fix them.
Hash # B6AB744E7CAB707C5ED738245BF2BF16
Version 1.0.30 beta - (Nov 07, 2014)
- GlassWire is now translated to German, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese. Go to the top left "GlassWire" menu to choose your language.
- If GlassWire itself is blocked from accessing the Internet the firewall will warn you that you may miss software updates and your suspicious host list won't be updated.
- Rate limiting added for remote servers.
- We fixed many bugs reported by users. Thank you for your support and happy holidays!
Hash # 5A30E6E8588F50A726BBF8F50673ECFB
Version 1.0.28 beta - (Oct 23, 2014)
- Fixed a problem where a small number of users were experiencing a BSOD error in some situations.
- Other stability fixes and improvements.
Hash # 84C779C103F744B0194DF5688FF8EF2A
Version 1.0.25 beta - (Sep 17, 2014)
- User interface optimizations and stability improvements including showing idle time in the bottom mini graph.
- Remote access passwords encrypted on the hard drive. Your remote access passwords now must be re-entered on the client and server sides.
- Invalid remote password attempts rate limited.
- Windows 10 now supported.
- Darker easier to read text.
- Some Usage tab calendar bugs are now fixed.
- A strong password meter was added for remote access.
- Animations were added for the connection re-establishment process.
- Remote access failure to connect reported by users is now fixed.
- Notifications displayed outside the desktop is now fixed.
- Blank admin password issue is now fixed.
- GlassWire now uses the Windows OS UAC mechanism instead of password checks. If you are not admin you will be asked for your password, but if you are admin you may only see the UAC prompt.
Hash # 36F4A5B035960E6BCC1DDF982BBCCAA1
Version 1.0.24 beta - (Sep 11, 2014)
- Update notification bug fixed.
Hash # BDBFD519B535C5C415009C222DE2E6C3
Version 1.0.23 beta - (Sep 04, 2014)
- GlassWire driver installation issues are fixed.
- Fixed a problem where some security applications claimed GlassWire is watching the clipboard.
- Fixed a problem that caused the GlassWire "Usage" tab to look bad on some monitors.
Hash # 7F38EE01680E097C2D3FC1D517810CF9
Version 1.0.21 beta - (Aug 21, 2014)
- Service description added to the Windows Service Manager.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused GlassWire to crash if the Windows Firewall was disabled.
- Alert numbers added to the GlassWire taskbar icon.
- Ugly font problems some users experienced on Surface tablets and other hardware fixed.
- Pin to taskbar is now unchecked by default in the installer.
- Fixed a problem where GlassWire looked ugly in remote desktop sessions.
- Fixed a driver issue where some users reported a BSOD.
- Fixed a problem where some users saw only "visualizing network" with no graph data.
- Many other small bug fixes and improvements. Thank you for your feedback and bug reports.
Hash # A4F06FF8DA4D56D2DFB9ABC82EB89CF3
GlassWire's first software release and launch date!